I spend WAY too many hours on Pinterest these days, but it's for a good cause - FOOD! I still love trying recipes from magazines and my cookbooks, but even my favorite cooking magazines are on Pinterest!
Over the past several months, I cooked a lot of the recipes I've pinned. Since I've pinned over 300 (and counting!), I can't say I'm close to cooking all of them, but here are some that received RAVE reviews from family and friends when I made them. If you're looking for crowd-pleasing items for a Superbowl party or a casual get-together, put these on your list. Happy eating!
1. Sweet pork love. This is my variation on a recipe from tastykitchen.com using bacon, cocktail wienies, butter, and brown sugar. Anyone who loves pork products will go crazy for these. Any guy gathering needs a batch (or two!)
2. Jalapeño-ranch dip. There's this restaurant from Austin, TX called Chuy's. On request, they will bring you a ranch-jalapeno dressing/dip for your tortilla chips. Trust me - ASK FOR SOME! It elevates ranch to new heights. I found a dip recipe on Pinterest that's very similar from the site plainchicken.com, though I change it up by making it thicker (I use fat free Greek yogurt and reduce the mayo) and add extra cilantro. Super yummy!
3. Sopapilla cheesecake bars. Golly these are good! You combine the taste of a sopapilla (those pillows of fried dough perfection topped with cinnamon and sugar) with a cheesecake filling. The best part is how easy they are to make - crescent roll dough from a can, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, butter, and cinnamon/sugar. Yoza!
4. Hawaiian roll ham sammiches. Great guy food and a nice change from traditional sandwiches. I made these over the holidays to high praise.
5. Ro-Tel chilaquiles casserole. This is a terrific brunch or breakfast dish for a crowd and almost everything is a pantry staple. Ro-tel (tomatoes with chiles), canned chili, tortilla chips, chili beans, and cheese. This is also really good for a hearty breakfast after a late night out. Definitely recommend when doing heavy shopping as it will tide you over until lunch!
I hope you have fun with my current top 5 Pinterest favorites. Let me know what your family thinks!
Welcome to my world!
I've developed a passion for cooking since childhood, but in the past six years, that passion has grown into a geeky obsession. I love cooking, baking, and most importantly, sharing the love of food with family and friends. I invite you along on my journey of food discovery and passion.